Comic book news & reviews!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Iron Man 2

Fun ride!


So we saw it last night. After the 400 previews, Iron Man 2 began in all its IMAX glory. Robert Downey Jr was fantastic as the seemingly self-centered billionaire super hero. And Whiplash, played by Mickey Rourke added an enjoyable level of history (or shall I say, legacy) to the film. I also appreciated the Russian accent. =) Scarlett Johansson was wicked sexy (of course) but did lack the Russian accent. boo.

The movie was a solid 2 hours (plus the extra little scene after the credits). I only laughed a couple times in spots that were just too silly.

I especially enjoyed Fury's longer appearance and can't wait for the upcoming Avengers movie. It makes me want to subscribe to the series again. =) The Stan Lee cameo was pretty funny too.

Now if only X-Men could be done as well. ::sigh::

So if you haven't seen it yet, please do. I'd spend the extra money for the IMAX version. Robot fighting and high speed racing look and sound better on that big ol' screen.

0 comments: